[MITgcm-support] G95 build issue: f2c name mangling

David Ferreira dfer at ocean.mit.edu
Mon Oct 9 12:16:48 EDT 2006

Hi,

I run into exactly the same problem as Mark with g95 (including the
-fnosecond-unsderscore solving the MITgcm compilation but screwing
up the netcdf package)

So I tried the -ignoretime option of genmake2 and it didn't change anything:
there is still an error with a "_user_time__" in timers.o (.F) and a
"_user_time_"
in timer_stats.o (.c)

-ignoretime triggers a -DIGNORE_TIME flag which only appears
in timers.F. This flag seems to disable the functionality of the
time stuff, but not the definitions of the variables.
However adding a "ifndef  IGNORE_TIME" around the definitions
seems to do the trick, but that would need to be checked in (and the time
utilities are lost)

As for Chris' suggestion,  there are already a userTime and systemTime
variable defined in the timers.F subroutine. I don't really understand
what's going on in this subroutine, but could a  brutal change such as
(userTime,systemTime)  --> (toto,tutu)
and then
(user_time, system_time) --> (usertime,systemtime)
work ?

cheers,
david