[MITgcm-support] netcdf error (on lightning at NCAR)

Stephanie Dutkiewicz stephd at ocean.mit.edu
Mon Nov 13 14:32:01 EST 2006

Hi -
we are having problems running a version of the MITgcm
on lightning at NCAR, and appears to occur when writing out
the the netcdf time averages. Error message attached below.

Has anyone had a similar problem
or any suggestions on what to try to figure out the problem?

This is a run with a biogeochemical
component (ie using ptracers), but the error seems to occur when
writing out to the tave*nc and/or the ptr_tave*nc.
The problem occurs some of the time, not all of the time and
seems not to be completely reproducable (ie will run fine some of
the time). Possibly a problem
with some of the nodes on lightning? but we unfortunately
haven't kept track. I have no problems like this when running
the same model on the aces cluster at MIT.

thanks
stephanie

ABNORMAL END: package MNC
ABNORMAL END: package MNC
ABNORMAL END: package MNC
ABNORMAL END: package MNC
PGFIO-F-219/formatted write/internal file/attempt to read/write past end
of record.
  In source file mnc_utils.f, at line number 2028