[MITgcm-support] more questions

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Wed Nov 1 04:33:24 EST 2006

Riema,

go to the "root" directory of the MITgcm (e.g. cd yourpath/MITgcm)
and do a "cvs diff model/src/main.F" (or for all files "cvs diff") to
see what you have done to the code (you probably removed a line such
as #include "EEPARAMS.h") and where. Please see the cvs manual for
more details on cvs diff and further options.

in SIZE.h you define the number of vertical layers (Nr)

the topography is generated "offline": You produce an ieee-big endian
(direct access) files that contains a 2d field with your topography.
There are many examples how this is done with matlab, eg. a Gaussian
bump in exp4 or a slope in tutorial_plume_on_slope

Martin