[MITgcm-support] Coriolis terms in non-hydrostatic rotated model

Andrea Cimatoribus sambarluc at gmail.com
Wed May 31 08:56:24 EDT 2006

Hi, I'm trying to set up a non-hydrostatic model of an elongated basin
(Adriatic sea), using rotated bathymetry and full Coriolis (on a
spherical polar grid).
Since I use non-hydrostatic equations and rotated bathymetry, I must
calculate the hor/vert terms of Coriolis acceleration using both x and
y components of omega (in the rotated coordinates both horizontal
components of omega are different form zero).
I found out that the model calculates the Coriolis acceleration in the
routines mom_u_coriolis, mom_u_coriolis_nh, mom_v_coriolis and
quasihydrostaticterms. Can I just modify these routines, adding the
missing terms, or do you think I am missing something?
Thanks,
Andrea Cimatoribus