[MITgcm-support] questions re computation of meridional heat flux

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Sat May 13 17:31:28 EDT 2006

Jean-Michel, Dimitris,

for a complete picture you'd also want to diagnose
the "diffusive" fluxes that the model computes,
and which can be significant fractions of the advective
fluxes in certain regions, wouldn'd you.
To get these, activate the fields "DIFy_TH" of the
diagnostics package (as for the ADVy_TH, these already
have the right volumetric factors).

-Patrick