[MITgcm-support] How to reduce a reflection wave from OBCs!

Van Thinh Nguyen vtnguyen at moisie.math.uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 1 13:41:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

I got another problem regarding reflecting wave from OBCs.
My model is 2d, OBCs are at west and east, tidal flow over depression
Gaussian bump.
By using 'Sponge' option, I could capture the reflected waves from OBCs in
the case of linear distribution of density (or temperature) in depth.
However, when I applied it to the two-layers (density distribution in
depth), I still got the reflecting waves from both OBCs.

Does anyone have an idea to fix this problem, please give me a hint?

Thanks so much,

Vth
Dr. Van Thinh Nguyen, PDF
Dept. of Applied Mathematics,