[MITgcm-support] reference density for atmospheric model

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Fri Mar 3 10:01:40 EST 2006

Hi Yuan,

rhoConstFresh is used for coupled simulation (because our
ocean like to recieve PmE in m/s instead of kg/m2/s).

The 2 other rho are not used in standard atmospheric set-up
(see the tutorial_held_suarez_cs example) where:
uniformLin_PhiSurf=.FALSE., & tRef has meaningfull values.

In older test experiment (e.g. hs94.1x64x5/input/data),
uniformLin_PhiSurf is not set to FALSE and then rhoConst
is used when solving for the surface pressure (barotropic
mode).

Jean-Michel