[MITgcm-support] XYPeriodicity

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Thu Mar 2 10:33:53 EST 2006

Hi Gianmaria,

this is all meant to be this way. You interupt the periodicity by
inserting a wall on (at least) one side of the domain or, as in your
case by making it an open boundary. There shouldn't be any problems,
the values of the overlaps are also overwritten by the obcs-pkg.
(Now, that may not be true for things such as topography, if that's
the problem the fix would be to extend the topography at the open
boundary outward by Olx/Oly points.)

I don't know of any flags for this.

Martin