[MITgcm-support] changing the number of tiles

Baylor Fox-Kemper baylor at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 1 19:46:46 EST 2006

No interpickups isn't necessary if there is no interpolation or
coarsening, but it will work in that case, too.

What Ed is suggesting (I think) doesn't require netcdf.  However,
someone not using netcdf should spell out exactly how this is to be
done.  I think usually one needs to keep the number of tiles fixed,
while changing the number of processors.  However, this process
seemed messy to me, so that's why I wrote interpickups in the first
place.

Will someone please explain how to do retiling, or at pickup
conversions (without cubed sphere complications is fine) in the
pickups for posterity?
   -Baylor