[MITgcm-support] no netcdf output

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Jun 23 21:12:23 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 18:43 -0400, Claude wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I ran a coupled-model on ao and geo from pickup files.
>
> with mnc activated I get .nc outputs at time zero. However at other
> time-steps I get pickups (.data and .meta) but no .nc files.
> with mnc de-activated I get .data and .meta outputs
>
> Any clue why I can't get those .nc to show up at requested time-steps???

Hi Claude,

I'll be on-line most of the day tomorrow (Sat.) so we can work on it
together if that helps.  In the mean time, here are some questions:

  - have you checked whether mnc is creating sub-directories and
    putting files in them?

  - are you getting the grid.*.nc files or any other netcdf files?

  - where is the setup located -- can can I get a copy in order to
    try and reproduce your problems?

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
emails:  eh3 at mit.edu                ed at eh3.com
phone:   617-253-0098
fax:     617-253-4464