[MITgcm-support] error message of 510*510*6*50 cubed sphere example

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 23 17:13:22 EDT 2006

Liuyu, did someone get back to you on this?  It looks like you do not have the  correct forcing files for the period taht you are tryin to run.  Check i) what forcing files you have copied over and ii) what you specify in data.cal and data regarding period of integration.  Also note that, as specified in data.exf, the ncep_rgau forcing files start at hour 3 or hour 6 of each year, so if you are trying to start from hour 0, you will need forcing files from previous year to be available.  Dimitris

 I ran the example, but an error occured. The last several lines of out file are such as below( I checked, the file 'RG_sw' exists):

(PID.TID 0027.0001) DEBUG_MSG: ENTERED S/R FORWARD_STEP
(PID.TID 0027.0001) DEBUG_MSG: CALLING S/R LOAD_FIELDS_DRIVER
(PID.TID 0027.0001) DEBUG_MSG: ENTERED S/R LOAD_FIELDS_DRIVER
(PID.TID 0027.0001) DEBUG_MSG: CALLING S/R EXF_GETFORCING
flux data not available for this date

Why?