[MITgcm-support] have_sigreg

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Jun 19 23:16:49 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 11:33 +0200, Martin Losch wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> the routine sigreg.c is causing problems on our XD1 for large
> configurations (trying to run the high res cubed sphere): even with
> the pgf77 flag -mcmodel=medium I get the dreaded "truncated to fit"
> messages at the link step, but only for sigreg.o
>
> I remove -DHAVE_SIGREG in the Makefile and thing work. how can I make
> this flag disappear in the genmake2 step, what's the variable to set:
> DEFINES='-UHAVE_SIGREG' ?

Hi Martin,

I've stared at the sigreg code and the above error message and I think I
have a fix checked in to CVS.  Please give it a try and let me know
whether it does the trick or not.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
emails:  eh3 at mit.edu                ed at eh3.com
phone:   617-253-0098
fax:     617-253-4464