[MITgcm-support] interpickups.m

Baylor Fox-Kemper baylor at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 19 20:48:30 EDT 2006

Hi Nicolas,
   W is only part of the pickup file if the model is in
nonhydrostatic mode.  I didn't set it up for nonhydrostatic.
However, it should be easy to do...

Just cut and paste one of the other variables on the center points,
e.g, S, but instead of relying on the
  Fieldinhere=squeeze(fin{'W'}(snap,k,:,:));
To work, put the whole thing in an if statement that startw with
something like

if length(squeeze(fin{'W'}(snap,k,1,1)))>0
end

That should skip over interpolation of W unless W is in the pickup.
I will check in a fix later, but if you are impatient, you should go
ahead and do this.
   Cheers,
     -Baylor