[MITgcm-support] how to represent advective forcing

Andrea Molod molod at ocean.mit.edu
Wed Jun 7 14:34:00 EDT 2006

hi bill,
the routine 'external forcing' might be a better place to
add the forcing you propose (i assume that you are talking
about adding this 'vertical velocity forcing' in u,v,t and q
equations). for some guidance maybe you could
look at the routine itself (external_forcing.F) and at the
version of it that sits in the 'hs94.cs-32x32x5' verification
experiment (MITgcm/verification/hs94.cs-32x32x5/code/external_forcing.F).
that is a 'held-suarez' simulation, and the forcing is just a
relaxation back to a specified temperature profile.

hope this is useful.

andrea