R: [MITgcm-support] Bug in the domain decomposition periodicity

Gianmaria Sannino gianmaria.sannino at casaccia.enea.it
Thu Jun 1 08:35:25 EDT 2006

Hi Chris,

the problem I found is not related to the PRISM coupling.
Coupling is working without problem.
This problem rises with the grid refinement: Mediterranean + a refinement in
the strait of Gibraltar region.
For the fine model I need to specify at the OBs: tracers, velocities and
also the surface elevation (I'm running both models with nonlinear free
surface). This OBcs are transferred via MPI from the coarse model (after a
proper interpolations) to the fine model directly in the obcs_calc.F
routine, so the flag obcs_prescribe is set off.
At this point if I impose to MPI the non periodic conditions (as modified by
me), the refinement works well otherwise I see some noises on the boundaries
for the velocity fields.

gianmaria