[MITgcm-support] XYPeriodicity

Gianmaria Sannino gianmaria.sannino at casaccia.enea.it
Mon Feb 27 04:53:48 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to set a channel experiment with a real bathymetry and two open
boundaries on the eastern and western side. The experiment runs on an alpha
monoCPU and this is my SIZE.h:

      PARAMETER (

     &           sNx =  128,

     &           sNy =  90,

     &           OLx =   3,

     &           OLy =   3,

     &           nSx =   1,

     &           nSy =   1,

     &           nPx =   1,

     &           nPy =   1,

     &           Nx  = sNx*nSx*nPx,

     &           Ny  = sNy*nSy*nPy,

     &           Nr  =  42)

It seems that in this configuration (MPI is off) in the eastern overlapping
region there are data from the western side and viceversa, in other words it
seems that it is working a sort of Xperiodicity.

I've seen that in 'ini_communication_patterns' one can set

      notUsingXPeriodicity       = .TRUE.

      notUsingYPeriodicity       = .TRUE.

but also in this case I still have periodicity.

Anyone could help me?

Ciao

gianmaria