[MITgcm-support] using OBCSsponge's options!

Van Thinh Nguyen vtnguyen at moisie.math.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Feb 15 16:32:34 EST 2006

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your link.
I still confuse how to set these flags, because there are not much info on
the documentation.

In my case, just 2D (in x-z) I have internal wave length=32000m and
propagate with velocity=0.7m/s. So I would like to set:

spongeThickness = 160 (due to grid dx=100m) for 1/2 wavelength
Urelaxobcsinner = 0. (due to 2D without meridional)
Urelaxobcsbound = 0. (  -----                     )

No set up for V (2D x-z)

How about T and S ?

I haven't applied these flags in my OBCs, so I am not confident to use
them. Could you (or someone) please clarify the option of these flags for
me?

Thanks a lot!

Van Thinh