[MITgcm-support] Re:How to reduce a reflection wave from OBCs!

Jennifer MacKinnon jmackinn at ucsd.edu
Sat Feb 11 12:46:57 EST 2006

Hi,

I've been struggling with similar issues regarding internal waves and
boundary conditions.  My solution so far is to clamp the barotropic
velocities to be whatever you like (a simple sinusoid in your case),
but allow baroclinic velocities as well as T and S to radiate
internal-waves out of the domain using the Orlanski radiation
option.  This requires a little bit of monkeying with orlanski_west.F
and orlanski_east.F, but is fairly straightforward.  Let me know if
you'd like a copy of my modified files.

Cheers,

Jen

Dr. Jennifer MacKinnon