[MITgcm-support] urgent question

Riema Rachmayani imoth_22 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 25 00:49:19 EST 2006

dear MITgcm,

as Martin told me before that all input files of for mitgcm are binary ieee big endian files, such as bathyfile and  hydrogThetaFile in internal wave verification. after i generate to binary ieee big endian files, i still have zero result for the output (i thought because uncorrect while read the input) and sometimes i have error message :

unit 9 named temp.ok lately reading direct unformatted external IO

i was looking where is the statement of input/output files format for example like : OPEN(dUnit,file=fn(1:iLen),status='unknown',form='formatted'), specially for bathyfile and hydrothetafile or others input. is there a routine that show the statement?(formatt)

for example in my new case, i have bathyfile in ascii file (SILL.BTM) and i generate to binary ieee big endian (SILL.OK), and  hydrogThetaFile in ascii file (temp.new) ==> binary ieee big endian (temp.ok) in matlab :

load SILL.BTM;
% write data into big endian format
fid = fopen(SILL.OK','w','ieee-be'); % open new file in big endian mode
wrt = fwrite(fid,temp,'float32');       % write data into opened file, using stream and float32 press
fclose(fid);

load temp.new;
% write data into big endian format
fid = fopen('temp.OK','w','ieee-be'); % open new file in big endian mode
wrt = fwrite(fid,temp,'float32');       % write data into opened file, using stream and float32 press
fclose(fid);

my bathyfile in ascii file is in row data for Nx=700, Ny=1, and my hidrothetafile in 2 row (2 layers) Nr=2 (you can see in bathy and hydroTheta attachment file). give me some correction if i was wrong to generate the file.

i change nothing in internal wave verification except bathy and hidrothetafile,
anyone can help me for my case??

thank you MITgcm....

-rima-