[MITgcm-support] nonlinear free surface

Riema Rachmayani imoth_22 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 04:13:51 EST 2006

Dear MITgcm,

I’d
like to ask about nonlinear free surface, as I far I can see that boundary for
elevation (eta) is appear when we define nonlin_frsurf
in obcs_calc.F for example in internal  wave
verification. And I’m trying to design it to my case and I design for nonHydrostatic,
 so I have to change data file nonlinFreeSurf=… (grater than zero (> 0)) right?? (Based
on table 2.1 Non-linear free-surface flags).

In
CPP_options we define ALLOW NONLIN_FRSURF…that’s it we have to change??? I have
error message :

CONFIG_CHECK : nonlinFreeSurf not yet
implemented

CONFIG_CHECK : in nonHydrostatic code

STOP ABNORMAL END: S/R CONFIG_CHECK
statement executed

What
is that mean?? Something more I have to change??

In CONFIG_CHECK.F

      IF
(nonlinFreeSurf.NE.0 .AND. nonHydrostatic) THEN

WRITE(msgBuf,'(A)')

     &   'CONFIG_CHECK: nonlinFreeSurf not yet
implemented'

        CALL
PRINT_ERROR( msgBuf , myThid)

WRITE(msgBuf,'(A)')

     &   'CONFIG_CHECK: in nonHydrostatic code'

        CALL PRINT_ERROR(
msgBuf , myThid)

        STOP 'ABNORMAL
END: S/R CONFIG_CHECK'