[MITgcm-support] Richardson Number diagnostics

David Ullman ullman at wisc.edu
Mon Aug 7 16:57:35 EDT 2006

Hello,
I'm trying to output the Richardson Number as part of my
diagnostics.  So far I have successfully been able to get the
diagnostics package to work with all the variables that I want,
except for RI.  The manual seems to suggest that RI is part of the
diagnostics package, but when I look through my
'available_diagnostics.log' there is no option for RI.  Do I need to
include RI as a user-defined surface diagnostic, and if so how would
I do this?  Or is there something else I should do to activate RI as
a diagnostic?  This seems like it should be pretty straight forward,
but I'm stuck.

Thanks for your help,

David Ullman
Graduate Student