[MITgcm-support] Stopping execution when NaNs are generated?

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Thu Apr 20 05:52:24 EDT 2006

Jody,
has anyone answer you yet?
The CLF criterion is evaluated along with the monitor statistics. But
in fact, the model is stopped if the monitor statistics encounter
unrealistic temperature valures (something like +/- 1e4). So if you
decrease your monitorFreq, the model will catch the problems before
the large numbers have turned into nans (at the cost of very frequent
monitor statistics).

Martin