[MITgcm-support] interpickups.m

Baylor Fox-Kemper baylor at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 16 16:09:53 EDT 2005

Hi Nicholas,
   It looks like rather than interpolating, it just copied to the same
indices.  Note that interpickups tries to match x values and y values.
That is, it reads xc, xf, etc. from the first set of pickups and from
the pickouts, and then it interpolates from one to the other.
   Check to make sure that the x and y values cover the same range in
pickups and pickouts.  For example, if you didn't change dxspacing and
dyspacing when you changed resolution, the xc range wouldn't match at
all.
   You could check quickly in matlab by making the same plots, but
labeling the axes with xc and yc instead of just index.
   Good luck,
     -Baylor