[MITgcm-support] interpickups.m

Baylor Fox-Kemper baylor at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 16 14:53:05 EDT 2005

Hi Nicholas,
   I wrote interpickups a while ago, and there have been a few changes
to mnc since (sorry!).  But, I think that the basics of the program
should still work.
   I intended that the pickout files be generated by the MITgcm.  I
intended the following standard use:

1) Run MITgcm at coarse resolution, producing pickups.
2) Run MITgcm at fine resolution for one timestep, with arbitrary
initial condtions, but with the right new grid and tiling and
processors, etc.  Get it to produce one set of pickups at that
resolution.
3) Use the pickups from 2) as pickout and use the pickups from 1) as
pickin.

  Let me know if that helps.
    -Baylor