[MITgcm-support] a problem with EXF

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 14 16:03:45 EDT 2005

Hi Ming,

The model does need a ustress value at every grid point and at every
timepoint.  So the file must be like ustre(x,y,t1),ustre(x,y,t2)...
There is an option to interpolate the exf files so you can give a coarse
ustress field and have the model interpolate to your grid at each
timestep, this would allow you to use vey small input files.  Currently
this is only setup to work on a lat, long grid.

You can check out
[MITgcm] / MITgcm_contrib / quarter_degree_global / input / data.exf
maybe this link will work:
http://mitgcm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/MITgcm_contrib/quarter_degree_global/input/data.exf?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
to see a sample of the data.exf for the interpolation routine.

You'll also need to define USE_EXF_INTERPOLATION, in ECCO_CPPOPTIONS

Matt