[MITgcm-support] exp0 with non-constant bathymetry

Sergey Vinogradov svinogra at aer.com
Tue Sep 13 11:56:46 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to modify exp0 (barotropic double gyre, flat bottom).
If I put spatially-varying bathymetry (a peace of realistic seafloor), I
get some places where elevation==0. This happens over relatively shallow
(but not too shallow) areas. My parameters are delZ=5000., bathymetry
varies between -764 and -5000m.
These two pictures show stdev of computed elevation/ bathymetry for the
default example and for the case with realistic topography.
I'd appreciate any hint on how to fix this problem,

Regards,

--
Sergey Vinogradov, Ph.D.
Atmospheric and Environmental Research, Inc.