[MITgcm-support] global simulations and resolution

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Fri Sep 9 06:54:56 EDT 2005

Hi Baylor,

thanks for your suggestions. I use KPP in all cases (and GM). But I now
think (after some more testing and reading a little) that my problem is
really connected to surface boundary conditions, in particular the
combination of restoring BC and vertical resolution. I have repeated
the experiments where I now scale the restoring time scales with the
ratio of the surface layer thickness and the results are far more
agreeable than before. I have also found indications that this is the
way to do it in Large etal 1997 JPO, "Sensitivity to surface BC and
vertical mixing ..." (something like that).

Thanks again,

Martin