[MITgcm-support] OBCs over topography!

Van Thinh Nguyen vtnguyen at moisie.math.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Oct 21 11:30:25 EDT 2005

Hi!

As I told you in last email, I would like to simulate internal waves due
to a tidal flow over a depression Gaussian bump in a open channel at
West/East. I did a lot test cases, I have found that the MITgcm model in
this case is quite sensitive with the vertical mesh density. My water
depth is 120m (80m plat + 40m depth of depression Gausian bump). when I
apply the verical grid delZ=20*6, it worked fine. when I tried to increase
delZ=30*4, it didn't work. I also tried to change hFacMin but it doesn't
help.

Could someone please give a hint to fix this problem?

Thanks so much!

Van Thinh