[MITgcm-support] about computer

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Thu Oct 20 07:48:39 EDT 2005

Nataliya,

that solely depends on the operating systems on your machines.
If you mean by "workstation" a Sun-Workstation, then you should start
from the build option files sunos_sun4u_f77 or sunos_sun4u_g77 (the
former requires at least Forte6 to works, that, it f77 -V should return
a version number starting with something >=6), if you have linux, then
you can start from any of the linux_ia32* option files, depending on
your fortran compiler (ifort, g77, etc). he Apple build option files
start with darwin_ppc_*.

In any case, you'll have to include paths to specific libraries, such
as netcdf (if you want to use that feature) in a personalized version
of your build_options file. T
Hope that helps,

Martin