[MITgcm-support] help to determine the global index

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Fri Oct 14 16:09:56 EDT 2005

Hi,

> yes I read the manual several time and still can't figure out.
> Please give me some hints if anyone has experience.
> thanks.
> Hong

Well, it works exactly as laid out in this figure:
> >   http://mitgcm.org/pelican/online_documents/node164.html

(50,76) will be on tile (3,3): i=50-24*(3-1)=2 ; j=76-28*(3-1)=20
and also in the overlap region of tile (2,3): i=50-24*(2-1)=26 ; j=20.

And I am not sure I understand this:
> > > I checked XC and YC, unfortunately they are not consistent with
> > > global I,J because I use a rotated coordinate system.
since usualy, I used them to find the location of a point,
whatever the grid is.

Jean-Michel