[MITgcm-support] problem with compilation

Constantinos Evangelinos ce107 at ocean.mit.edu
Thu Nov 17 17:40:45 EST 2005

On Thursday 17 November 2005 16:47, jeff polton wrote:

> Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. By piecing together
> various bits of advice and with a big dose of help from the NERSC
> consultant I've got the MITgcm running on a new IBM SP:
> seaborg.nersc.gov.
>
> $uname -a
> AIX s00513 2 5 006006564C00
>
> Here is the optfile for an MPI run incase anyone else needs it in the
> future:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> #
> # Run on seaborg.nersc.gov 147Nov 2005
> #
> # Also had to change "ETIME" to "ETIME_" in timers.F (JP 14Nov05)

-DTARGET_AIX which is defined in the sp4* optfiles should have already been
taking care of this.

Your optfile differs from the sp4+mpi in that it uses the 32-bit compilers and
libraries (as sp4 does). I'm still unclear what really changed but since
you've got things working its irrelevant.

> > (note it was included with MITgcm distribution and i only modified
> > one line, the INCLUDES).

The includes line:
INCLUDES=-I/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/include/thread
or
INCLUDES=-I/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/include/thread64

specifies the correct MPI library when one uses the _r version of the -32 or
-64 bit compilers respectively. It's also the higher performing library (as
opposed to the signals based one in /usr/lpp/ppe.poe/include

Constantinos
--
Dr. Constantinos Evangelinos
Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences