[MITgcm-support] mpi - debian - amd

Constantinos Evangelinos ce107 at ocean.mit.edu
Thu Nov 17 14:50:03 EST 2005

On Thursday 17 November 2005 12:39, Ed Hill wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 12:06 -0500, Nicolas Wienders wrote:
> > Dear Folks,
> > We are building here a Linux cluster (AMD/Debian) with the
> > principal purpose of running mitgcm. Is there any implementation
> > of MPI that you would recommend more than the other?
> > Thanks a lot. Have a great day.
>
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I assume your nodes are connected with Gigabit Ethernet and not a more
> expensive option like IB or Myrinet (in which case you'd want to run a
> vendor-supplied and hardware-optimized MPI implementation).

For higher performance over GigEth using low latency drivers you have the
following options (given that your ethernet cards are among the supported
ones):

SCore (MPICH1-based): http://www.pccluster.org/
GAMMA (MPICH1-based): http://www.disi.unige.it/project/gamma/index.html
EMP (MPICH1-based): http://www.osc.edu/~pw/emp/
And for commercial offerings:
Scali Connect:
http://www.scali.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&id=30&Itemid=102
Parastation:
http://www.cluster-competence-center.com/ccc2.php?lang=en&page=parastation

Constantinos
--
Dr. Constantinos Evangelinos
Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences