[MITgcm-support] SSH drift and obcs again

Thomas Haine Thomas.Haine at jhu.edu
Mon Nov 7 17:33:15 EST 2005

Hi Martin,

I'm confused. exp4 has zero eta drift in the standard configuration in
the latest code. The cg2d rhs is also very near zero. Yet there is
normal flow through the domain. If I add a meridional component to the
normal flow the results are, essentially, the same.

Also, (max, min) eta is +/-10m after 1 step. Is this correct?

So, I can't reproduce the problem I've seen in exp4 and I don't know
why.

Tom.

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 08:58 +0100, Martin Losch wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> no final ideas, but do you think you can reproduce your problem based
> on exp4 in the current code (four open boundary conditions with
> topography in the middle of the domain)? If so, could you send me the
> code modifications that are necessary for this? This would let me try a
> few things myself (not that I think that I will come up with something
> spectacular, but as I wrote earlier, I should probably look into that
> problem for my application).
>
> Martin

 Thomas W. N. Haine

 Associate Professor of Physical Oceanography,
 Department of Earth & Planetary Sciences,
 329 Olin Hall, The Johns Hopkins University,
 Baltimore, MD 21218, USA.
 Tel : 410 516 7048,   Fax : 410 516 7933
 Thomas.Haine at jhu.edu
 http://www.jhu.edu/~eps/faculty/haine