[MITgcm-support] RE: Convection test problem

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue May 24 12:53:03 EDT 2005

Hi Lucy,

Welcome to the MITgcm-support list!

Our apologies for the somewhat out-of-date documentation that has not
kept pace with the model development.  We're aware of the problems and
will be updating it this summer.

For a surface driven convection example, please see the setup in:

  MITgcm/verification/exp5

And please note that the directions in Section 3.13 for compiling the
model have changed slightly.  We now use "genmake2" which is currently
documented at:

  http://mitgcm.org/pelican/online_documents/node138.html

Hope that helps!

Ed