[MITgcm-support] ptracer surface boundary condition

samar khatiwala spk at ldeo.columbia.edu
Mon May 23 13:46:59 EDT 2005

Hello

I would like to perform some ptracer simulations in which the
ptracer concentration is prescribed at the surface. This could
be a time-dependent boundary condition. Unfortunately, I don't
see any simple way to use existing code to prescribe such a BC.
Simply setting pTracer(...,k=1,..)=BC does not work all that well.
To make this work robustly (and consistent with the time stepping) I have
to intervene at multiple locations in the code to (re)set pTracer and gPtr
to the BC.

I was wondering if someone has figured out how to do this in a cleaner
and more consistent manner. Perhaps this could be incorporated into the
gchem package since it seems like a useful capability to have.

Thanks
Samar