[MITgcm-support] GCHEM package

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Wed Mar 16 02:43:27 EST 2005

Hi Petter,
there are two verification experiments that demonstrate how to use the
GCHEM package:
cfc_example and dic_example. the latter uses a separate time stepping
(for which you, the user are responsible), and includes all calls to
the rhs in gchem_forcing_sep. the former computes tracer tendencies in
gchem_calc_forcing to include them in the regular time step. unless you
want to use the packages dic or cfc, you have to formulate the
corresponding right-hand-sides yourself, including sedimentation (which
is probably, what you want to do). I usually write a routine where all
biogchemical processes/tendencies are handled and call it form
gchem-forcing_sep, if I think that the timescales of the physics and
bio-geochemistry are very different, otherwise in gchem_calc_forcing.

cfc_example and dic_example have a global configuration for the
physical dynamics.

Martin