[MITgcm-support] ifort optimization puzzle

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Tue Mar 8 08:38:04 EST 2005

Hi Ed,
this is my ifort

> csysl4::mlosch> ifort -V
> Intel(R) Fortran Compiler for 32-bit applications, Version 8.1
> Build 20041118Z Package ID: l_fc_pc_8.1.023
> Copyright (C) 1985-2004 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.
> FOR NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY

So, unfortrunately, I have one even later than 8.1.021. I suspect that
this is a compiler error, but I cannot see where this happens.

I had hoped that there are some know compiler option combinations that
are known to be dangerous (appart from -O3),  that some of you would
know.

The next thing to check is probably what happens when I change the size
of the problem (change nr or nx,ny). I ASSUME that the problem goes
away, as soon as I have more than 1 horizontal point. It may also have
to do with the overlap of (which is 2 > 1).

Martin