[MITgcm-support] mnc package

Nicolas Wienders wienders at ocean.fsu.edu
Mon Jun 20 15:58:13 EDT 2005

Ed,

>OK, there are now two *separate* things for you to try.  The first is to
>turn off the can-we-build-with-netcdf checking in genmake2

Done.
But i still get the same message:

WARNING: the "mnc" package was enabled but tests failed to compile
  NetCDF applications.  Please check that:

  1) NetCDF is correctly installed for this compiler and
  2) the LIBS variable (within the "optfile") specifies the correct
       NetCDF library to link against.

  Due to this failure, the "mnc" package is now DISABLED.

>second is for you to compile a short "hello-world"-type Fortran program
>that contains netcdf calls.  The first will check whether its a problem
>with genmake2's checks and the second will verify that your netcdf
>install really is working with your compiler.
>
>  g77 -I/usr/include/netcdf-3/ -o test test.f  \
>      -L/usr/lib/netcdf-3/ -lnetcdf
>
>and you should be using a similar command but with xlf.

ocean:~ w$ /opt/ibmcmp/xlf/8.1/bin/f77 -I/usr/local/netcdf/include -o
test test.f -L/usr/local/netcdf/lib -lnetcdf
** fgennc   === End of Compilation 1 ===
** writerecs   === End of Compilation 2 ===
** check_err   === End of Compilation 3 ===
1501-510  Compilation successful for file test.f.

--

Nicolas Wienders                 (850) 644-1987 (office)
Oceanography - OSB415              294-3542 (cell)
Tallahassee, FL - 32306    wienders at ocean.fsu.edu