[MITgcm-support] rhoConst and rhoNil

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Tue Jun 14 11:31:17 EDT 2005

Andy,
as far as I remember, rhoNil concerns only the equation of state (and
therein only the linear EOS), whereas rhoConst is the constant
reference density that the momentum equations are divided by. changing
rhoConst should not change the result (except for round off errors),
whereas changing rhoNil will.

Martin