[MITgcm-support] mnc package

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Jun 13 15:21:07 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 15:07 -0400, Nicolas Wienders wrote:
> Dear all, i am trying to use the mnc package and so far
> here is the message i am getting at the compilation stage
> (genmake2):

> WARNING: the "mnc" package was enabled but tests failed to compile
>   NetCDF applications.  Please check that:
>
>   1) NetCDF is correctly installed for this compiler and
>   2) the LIBS variable (within the "optfile") specifies the correct
>        NetCDF library to link against.
>
>   Due to this failure, the "mnc" package is now DISABLED.

> What would you recommand doing to check the two points mentionned
> above?
>
> Thanks a lot, have a great day.

Hi Nicolas,

Basically, you just need to build and install netcdf (the headers and
libraries) for your compiler.  The latest version of netcdf is available
at:

  http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/index.html
  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.6.0-p1.tar.gz   <===

and some specific build instruction for your platform (which I think is
a Mac with the IBM xlf compiler, right?) are available at:

  http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/docs/other-
builds.html#macosx-xlf

which includes an install script.

Ed