[MITgcm-support] bluesky run

mspall at whoi.edu mspall at whoi.edu
Wed Jun 8 15:44:03 EDT 2005

Ed and Chris,

I get a similar error, but now only referring to one
task, when I take out the #@tasks_per_node=4 line,
so that's not it.  The documentation says that I
have to specify two of #@node=, #@tasks_per_node=,
and #@total_tasks so I think I need this in order
to specify 4 processors on one node for this job.

I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks,
Mike

Quoting Ed Hill <ed at eh3.com>:

> On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 11:24 -0400, Mike Spall wrote:
> > Constantinos et al,
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion to remove -qhot, that compiles much
> > faster.  Now for the next problem (keeping in mind that I know
> > very little of MPI and NCAR machines).  I tried to run the
> > following script using llsubmit
> > (I am not showing all the file copies, etc):
> > #
> > #@output=./out
> > #@error=err
> > #@job_type=parallel
> > #@network.MPI=csss,shared,US
> > #@node=1
> > #@tasks_per_node=4
> > #@wall_clock_limit=00:02:00
> > #@class=share
> > #@queue
>
> Hi Mike & Chris,
>
> Below is a message from Chris that didn't get through our spam filter
> because Chris didn't subscribe it.  So I've copied it and added Chris's
> new address to an accept filter so that future emails from him will get
> through.
>
> Ed
>
> ===
>
> Hi Mike,
>
>   Not sure whether the help-desk message is relevant.
>
>   However, Patrick and Constantinos do run on bluesky a lot, I think,
> so
> I'm guessing it has more to do with jobs scripts.
>
>   In the  testscript Ed runs at NCAR - see -
>
> http://mitgcm.org/cgi-

bin/viewcvs.cgi/MITgcm_contrib/test_scripts/ncar/bluesky_ll_testreport_all?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup