[MITgcm-support] partial cells and model stability

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 6 09:52:50 EDT 2005

Actually the model is more stable with partial cells on when I use a
very smooth bathymetry file, but much less stable with partial cells on
when I use a high resolution rough bathymetry file.  This is surprising
to me as it seems partial cells should smooth the bathymetry.