[MITgcm-support] parameter file read

Chris Hill cnh at mit.edu
Fri Jul 15 12:46:02 EDT 2005

Hi Tom,

  Could you do a quick test for me?
  Can you change the line in seaice_readparms.F
       READ(UNIT=iUnit,NML=SEAICE_PARM01,IOSTAT=errIO)
       IF ( errIO .LT. 0 ) THEN
       READ(UNIT=iUnit,NML=SEAICE_PARM01,IOSTAT=errIO)
       IF ( errIO .NE. 0 ) THEN

  and see if it that causes a STOP when there is an error, but works
when there isn't one. I think the test on errIO that some packages use
may need to be compiler dependent. It stops for "data" because the
IOSTAT=errIO entry is commented out.

Thanks,

Chris