[MITgcm-support] pkg/monitor

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Sat Jan 29 05:29:52 EST 2005

Samar,

monitorFreq does have something do to with the monitor package. It
controls how often the monitor package is called and monitor output
(lines with %MON) is written to standart out.

I don't think that the timeave package (monitor doesn't have anything
to do with this) can do anything else than compute and dump time
averages according to taveFreq. But you could try this: introduce a new
parameter (e.g. tavedumpFreq) that controls the output and have
timeave_statv_write write fields only at these freq's (if/endif around
the write statements, timeave_statv_write does more than just write).
The model would then still compute the averages, but only write at
tavedumpFeq ( which has to be a multiple of taveFreq, naturally).

Then there is the diagnostics package, but I don't know what that can
do.

Martin