[MITgcm-support] MIT at seaborg

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Dec 13 21:59:44 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 18:17 -0800, eyulaeva at ucsd.edu wrote:
> Hello:
> I am trying to compile MIT at seaborg
> I am getting the following error message
>
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .etime
> ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
> information.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 8.
>
> Do you know what can be the problem?

Hi Elena,

I have no idea what the "seaborg" machine is so, in the future, it may
be helpful if you provide some sort of description of what kind of
machine you're using.  And the optfile, too.

In any case, the "undefined symbol: etime" error is happening within the
code that we use to measure "wall time".  Its not needed to run any
simulations, its simply a convenience for keeping track of how long the
code spends in various subroutines.  You can disable all the wall time
code with the genmake2 option "-ignoretime".  So please give it a try
and see if it helps.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD