[MITgcm-support] shared memory mac

Nicolas Wienders wienders at ocean.fsu.edu
Tue Dec 13 14:44:28 EST 2005

On Dec 13, 2005, at 1:53 PM, Dmitri Leonov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I guess my question really was:
>
> Has anybody used _ANY_ kind of MPI under Mac OS X in SHARED MEMORY
> regime (dual-cpu Powermac, 1 XServe node)?
>
> (Is my understatnding correct theat OpenMP is not a working option
> right now?)

I sorry i am of no help since we received our new cluster here and i
am no longer working
on the Mac for now on.

But to me, OpenMp is a working option on the Mac.

OpenMP (Shared Memory Multiprocessing):

These tools compile code optimized for dual processors based on
OpenMP directives. SMP is much easier to learn, compared to MPI .. so
this could be useful to some. Get the latest version (1.6) of Omni MP
compiler source and install. You should have no problems. Or get my
binary distribution. To install, gunzip openmp-bin.tar.gz (if your
browser didn't do so already) and then sudo tar -xvf openmp-bin.tar -
C / and you are done! It installs OpenMP in /usr/local/openmp/. If
you are interested in a tool that auto-parallelizes your code, click
here.

from: http://hpc.sourceforge.net/