[MITgcm-support] Re: single-layer configuration problem update

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 30 10:42:52 EDT 2005

> Appearently, it is not a problem of just pressure loading. It is far
> more general problem, as I tried similar experiment with wind stress.
> It looks like any forcing that is introduced through EXF in one-layer
> run, is not "felt" by the model.

Hi Sergey, one way to test above hypothesis is to dump TAUX and TAUY
(appended is an example how you would do that using pkg/diagnostics) and
to see whether the model "feels" the correct stress.

  &diagnostics_list
   frequency(1)  = 3600,
    fields(1,1)  = 'TAUX    ',
    filename(1)  = 'TAUX',
   frequency(2)  = 3600,
    fields(1,2)  = 'TAUY    ',
    filename(2)  = 'TAUY',
  &
  &DIAG_STATIS_PARMS
  &

--
Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov>
Jet Propulsion Lab, California Institute of Technology