[MITgcm-support] Make depend error

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Apr 26 17:43:43 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 14:13 -0700, Don Stark wrote:

Hi Don,

Thanks for the optfile, I've checked it into our CVS repo for reference.

> Ok,
> I the MPI optfile is based on the non-MPI file, so I'll look at the include
> and libs lines. I have another large gcm that I run on this machine. Looking
> at the other code's makefile I see that
>
>     CPP /usr/lib/cpp
>     FC f90 -I/usr/local/include
>     LDLIBS -L/usr/lib32 -lcomplib.sgimath -lfastm -lmpi

Yes, you'll (probably) have to set two variables that are going to look
something like:

  INCLUDES='-I/your/path/to/mpi/headers ...'
  LIBS='-L/your/lib/paths ... -lmpi'

but the actual contents will depend on where things are installed and
what they're named.  See the other optfiles for examples.

And this is where it would be helpful if you built and then ran one of
the simple MPI hello-world tests since it would help make it clear
where the headers and libraries are located.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307