[MITgcm-support] help with netcdf

samar khatiwala spk at ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue Apr 26 11:54:21 EDT 2005

Hi Ed

Could you please help me sort out a netcdf problem? I cannot get the MNC
package to work. This is on a dual G5 with a working netcdf installation.
I get:

WARNING: the "mnc" package was enabled but tests failed to compile
  NetCDF applications.  Please check that:

  1) NetCDF is correctly installed for this compiler and
  2) the LIBS variable (within the "optfile") specifies the correct
       NetCDF library to link against.

  Due to this failure, the "mnc" package is now DISABLED.

Any hints what could be wrong? Can I get genmake2 to spit out more debug
info? Optfile is below.

Thanks, samar

FC='mpif77'
CC='mpicc'
INCLUDES='-I/usr/local/lam/include -I/usr/local/netcdf/include'
LIBS='-L/usr/local/netcdf/lib -lnetcdf'
LN='/bin/ln -s'
CPP='/usr/bin/cpp -traditional -P -xassembler-with-cpp'
LINK=$FC
FFLAGS='-qfixed=132 -qextname -qsave=all'
FOPTIM='-O3'
NOOPTFLAGS='-O0'

S64='$(TOOLSDIR)/set64bitConst.sh'
#MAKEDEPEND='${TOOLSDIR}/xmakedepend'