[MITgcm-support] Re: mnc and netcdf

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Apr 8 13:39:45 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 10:53 -0500, Jonathan Mitchell wrote:
> Hi Ed-
>
> Thanks, that seemed to do the trick for the verification run in the
> example.  I was able to compile and run the Held-Suarez benchmark as
> well.
> I gave "genmake2" the flag "-enable=mnc", which I think is the netCDF
> I/O package.  But I'm still getting the other binary file format.
> Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, please just add:

   useMNC=.TRUE.,

as is done in:

  MITgcm/verification/exp0/input/data.pkg

and some of the other "data.pkg" files.  The -enable='...' turns on the
packages at compile-time and the "data.pkg" file turns on packages at
run-time.  You need both turned on to use each package.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307